BS/MS Environmental Engineering student Areeg Abd-Alla, E'22, received a 2019 Society of Women Engineers Boston Chapter Scholarship, an award given to women studying engineering and engineering technology.
You are here
- PhD, Newcastle University, 2002
- D.H Howard, J.T.V. Stan, A. Whitetree, L. Zhu, A. Stubbins, Interstorm Variability in the Biolability of Tree-Derived Dissolved Organic Matter (Tree-DOM) in Throughfall and Stemflow, Forests, 9(5), 2018, 236
- J.T. Van Stan, A. Stubbins, Tree-DOM: Dissolved Organic Matter in Throughfall and Stemflow Limnology and Oceanography Letters, 3(3), 2018, 199-214
- S. Wagner, R. Jaffé and A. Stubbins, Dissolved Black Carbon in Aquatic Ecosystems, Limnology and Oceanography Letters, 3(3), 2018 168-185
- C. Li, P. Chen, S. Kang, F. Yan, L. Tripathee, G. Wu, A. Stubbins, Fossil Fuel Combustion Emission from South Asia Influences Precipitation Dissolved Organic Carbon Reaching the Remote Tibetan Plateau: Isotopic and Molecular Evidence, Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 123(11), 2018, 6248-6258
- M. Jennings , H. Abdulla, A. Stubbins, L. Sun, R. Wang, K. Mopper, A Dissolved Organic Carbon (DOC) Analyzer Capable of Detecting Sub-μM DOC Differences in Natural Fresh Waters: A Proof of Concept Study, Limnology and Oceanography: Methods, 16(5), 2018, 309-321
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
25 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY20 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 18 different projects representing up to $900K dollars of investment in research.
COS/CEE Associate Professor Aron Stubbins is studying how carbon moves off the land, such as in frozen permafrost, and into rivers, where it eventually gets converted into carbon dioxide—a greenhouse gas that’s causing global warming.