CEE Associate Professor Mehrdad Sasani was named a Fellow of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
You are here
- Ph.D., Structural Engineering, University of California at Berkeley, 2001
- M.S., Structural Engineering, Tehran Polytechnic, 1987
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Tehran Polytechnic, 1985
- 2015 Fellow of the American Society of Civil Engineers
- 2015 Fellow of Structural Engineering Institute of the American Society of Civil Engineers
- 2006 CAREER Development Award, National Science Foundation
- ACI-369: Seismic Repair and Rehabilitation
- ACI-374: Performance-Based Design of Concrete Buildings
- American Concrete Institute
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Boston Society of Civil Engineers
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
- International Joint Committee on Structural Safety
- MBTA Certification Committee for concrete licensing program.
- Structural Committee of BSCES
- Structural Engineering Institute
- Structural Engineers Emergency Response program in Massachusetts
- Structural Systems and Hazards Mitigation of Structures program: Division of Civil, Mechanical and Manufacturing Innovation
- L. Keyvani, M. Sasani "Analytical and Experimental Evaluation of Progressive Collapse Resistance of a Flat-slab Posttensioned Parking Garage", Journal
of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 2015, 04015030
- E. Livingston, M. Sasani, M. Bazan, S. Sagiroglu "Progressive Collapse Resistance of RC Beams", Engineering Structures, 959, 2015, 61-70
- S. Sagiroglu, M. Sasani "Progressive Collapse Resisting Mechanisms of Reinforced Concrete Structures and Effects of Initial Damage locations",
Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 140(3), 2014, 1-12
- J.A. Murray, M. Sasani "Seismic Shear-axial Failure of Reinforced Concrete Columns Versus System Level Structural Collapse", Journal of Engineering Failure Analysis, 32, 2013, 382-401
- M. Sasani, S. Sagiroglu "Gravity Load Redistribution and Progressive Collapse Resistance of a 20-story RC Structure Following Loss of an
Interior Column", Structural Journal, ACI, 107(6), 2010, 636-644
- Sasani, M. (2008). "Response of a reinforced concrete infilled-frame structure to removal of two adjacent columns," J. Engineering Structures, 30(9), 2478-2491.
- Sasani, M. and Sagiroglu, S. (2008). "Progressive collapse resistance of hotel San Diego,"J. Structural Engineering, 134(3), 478-488.
- Sasani, M. and Sagiroglu, S. (2008). "Progressive collapse of RC structures: A multihazard perspective," Structural Journal, 105(1), 96-103.
- Sasani, M. and Kropelnicki, J. (2008). "Progressive collapse analysis of an RC structure,"The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, 17(4), 757-772.
- Sasani, M., Bazan, M., and Sagiroglu, S. (2007). "Experimental and analytical progressive collapse evaluation of an actual RC structure," Structural Journal, 104(6), 731-739.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
An interdisciplinary team of Northeastern CEE professors and those from Tufts have received a $1.1M NSF grant to develop a decision and design framework for multi-hazard resilient and sustainable buildings.
CIV Associate Professor Mehrdad Sasani was named a fellow of the Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) for his research in progressive collapses of concrete structures.