Assistant Teaching Professor Leila Keyvani Someh and Associate Professor Mehrdad Sasani won the 2016 Clemens Herschel Award from the Boston Society of Civil Engineers Section of the American Society...
You are here
- Ph.D., Structural Engineering, University of California at Berkeley, 2001
- M.S., Structural Engineering, Tehran Polytechnic, 1987
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Tehran Polytechnic, 1985
- Professional Engineer: California
- 2015 Fellow of the American Society of Civil Engineers
- 2015 Fellow of Structural Engineering Institute of the American Society of Civil Engineers
- 2006 CAREER Development Award, National Science Foundation
- ACI-369: Seismic Repair and Rehabilitation
- ACI-374: Performance-Based Design of Concrete Buildings
- American Concrete Institute
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Boston Society of Civil Engineers
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
- International Joint Committee on Structural Safety
- MBTA Certification Committee for concrete licensing program.
- Structural Committee of BSCES
- Structural Engineering Institute
- Structural Engineers Emergency Response program in Massachusetts
- Structural Systems and Hazards Mitigation of Structures program: Division of Civil, Mechanical and Manufacturing Innovation
- L. Keyvani, M. Sasani "Analytical and Experimental Evaluation of Progressive Collapse Resistance of a Flat-slab Posttensioned Parking Garage", Journal
of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 2015, 04015030
- E. Livingston, M. Sasani, M. Bazan, S. Sagiroglu "Progressive Collapse Resistance of RC Beams", Engineering Structures, 959, 2015, 61-70
- S. Sagiroglu, M. Sasani "Progressive Collapse Resisting Mechanisms of Reinforced Concrete Structures and Effects of Initial Damage locations",
Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 140(3), 2014, 1-12
- J.A. Murray, M. Sasani "Seismic Shear-axial Failure of Reinforced Concrete Columns Versus System Level Structural Collapse", Journal of Engineering Failure Analysis, 32, 2013, 382-401
- M. Sasani, S. Sagiroglu "Gravity Load Redistribution and Progressive Collapse Resistance of a 20-story RC Structure Following Loss of an
Interior Column", Structural Journal, ACI, 107(6), 2010, 636-644
- Sasani, M. (2008). "Response of a reinforced concrete infilled-frame structure to removal of two adjacent columns," J. Engineering Structures, 30(9), 2478-2491.
- Sasani, M. and Sagiroglu, S. (2008). "Progressive collapse resistance of hotel San Diego,"J. Structural Engineering, 134(3), 478-488.
- Sasani, M. and Sagiroglu, S. (2008). "Progressive collapse of RC structures: A multihazard perspective," Structural Journal, 105(1), 96-103.
- Sasani, M. and Kropelnicki, J. (2008). "Progressive collapse analysis of an RC structure,"The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, 17(4), 757-772.
- Sasani, M., Bazan, M., and Sagiroglu, S. (2007). "Experimental and analytical progressive collapse evaluation of an actual RC structure," Structural Journal, 104(6), 731-739.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
CEE Associate Professor Mehrdad Sasani was named a Fellow of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
An interdisciplinary team of Northeastern CEE professors and those from Tufts have received a $1.1M NSF grant to develop a decision and design framework for multi-hazard resilient and sustainable buildings.