CEE Associate Teaching Professor Annalisa Onnis-Hayden was quoted in NECN's article " Flood of Complaints in Lynn " about the need to seperate sewage and storm drain systems to help...
You are here
- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, University of Cagliari, Italy, 2004
- M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Northeastern University, 2007
- B.S. and MS, Environmental Engineering, University of Cagliari, Italy, 2000
- Professional Engineer: Italy
- 2014 Teaching Excellence Award, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Northeastern University, Boston, MA.
- 2011 Visiting Professor Appointment, University of Cagliari for the year 2011/2012
- 2010 Certificate of Merit for Presentation at ACS 240th National Meeting-ENVR
- 2005 Sardinian Minister of Education Fellow
- 1999 Erasmus Exchange Program Fellow
- 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 excellence in study fellow from the Italian Commission for the Rights to University Studies (E.R.S.U).
- New England Water Environment Association
- Water Environment Federation
- Y. Men, P. Han, D.E. Helbling, N. Jehmlich, C. Herbold, R. Gulde, A. Onnis-Hayden, A.Z. Gu, D.R. Johnson, M. Wagner, K. Fenner, Biotransformation of two Pharmaceuticals by the Ammonia-Oxidizing Archaeon Nitrososphaera Gargensis, Environmental Science and Technology, 2016, 50(9), 4682-4692
- S.M. Rahman, M.J. Eckelman, A. Onnis-Hayden, A. Gu, Life Cycle Assessment of Advanced Nutrient Removal Technologies for Wastewater Treatment, Environmental Science and Technology, 2016, 50, 3020-3030
- A.E. Schellenger, A. Onnis-Hayden, D.P. Jaisi, P. Larese-Casanova, Oxygen Kinetic Isotope Effects in Selenate During Microbial Reduction, Applied Geochemistry, 63, 2015, 261-271
- Y. Li, X. Wang, A. Onnis-Hayden, K.T. Wan, A.Z. Gu, Universal Quantifier Derived from AFM Analysis Links Cellular Mechanical Properties and Cell-Surface Integration Forces with Microbial Deposition and Transport Behavior, Environmental Science and Technology, 48(3), 2014, 1769-1778
- A. Onnis-Hayden, N. Majed, A.Z. Gu, Decoupling the Microbial Populations for Phosphorus and Nitrogen Removal in Integrated Fixed-Film Activated Sludge Enhanced Biological Phosphorus Removal (IFAS-EBPR) System, Water Research, 45, 2011, 3845-3854
- A. Onnis-Hayden, H. Weng, M. He, S. Hansen, V. Ilyin, et al., Prokaryotic Real-Time Gene Expression Profiling for Toxicity Assessment, Environmental Science and Technology, 43(12), 2009, 4574-4581
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
CEE Associate Professor Annalisa Onnis-Hayden has won the 2017 Clair N. Sawyer Award from the New England Water Environmental Association.
Recent CEE alums Catherine Moskos, Erika Towne and Lindsey Carver competed at the National Water Environment Federation student design competition in Chicago this past October during the the Water Environment Federation's Technical Exhibition and Conference, which is the largest annual water quality event in the world.
See Description for Locations