CEE Chair Jerome Hajjar, Associate Professors Andrew Myers, Luca Caracoglia, and CCSH Professor Jennie Stephens are researching ways to build safe and effective offshore wind farms that have the capacity to power the entire country.
You are here
- Ph.D., Structural Engineering and Geomechanics, Stanford University, 2009
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, 2004
- Professional Engineer: California
- 2016 NSF CAREER Award
- 2013 CEE Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2007 NSF East Asia and Pacific Summer Institute Fellowship
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
- Structural Engineers Association of Northern California
- S. Hallowell, A.T. Myers, S.R. Arwade, W. Pang, P. Rawal, E. Hines, J.F. Hajjar, C.Qiao, V. Valamanesh, K. Wei, W. Carswell, C. Fontana, Hurricane Risk Assessment of Offshore Wind Turbines, Renewable Energy, Elsevier, 2018
- F. Mirzaie, A.T. Myers, A. Jay, A. Mahmoud, S. Torabian, E.Smith, B.W. Schafer, Imperfection Measurements to Predict Buckling Behavior of Slender Steel Tubes, Thin-Walled Structures, Elsevier, 2017
- A. Mahmoud, S. Torabian, A. Jay, F. Mirzaie, A.T. Myers, E. Smith, B.W. Schafer, Modeling the Flexural Collapse of Thin-walled Spirally Welded Tapered Tubes, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 123, 2018, 270-281
- A. Jay, A.T. Myers, F. Mirzaie, A. Mahmoud, S. Torabian, E. Smith, B.W. Schafer, Large-Scale Bending Tests of Slender, Tapered Spirally Welded Steel Tubes, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 2016
- V. Valamanesh, A.T. Myers, S.R. Arwade, Multivariate Analysis of Extreme Metocean Conditions for Offshore Wind Turbines, Structural Safety, Elsevier, 2015
Andrew Myers is an Associate Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Northeastern University and a registered professional engineer in the state of California. Prior to joining Northeastern, Andrew worked for two years at AIR Worldwide in San Francisco, where he consulted on site-specific natural catastrophe risk assessments.
He received his M.S. (2006) and Ph.D. (2009) at Stanford University and his B.S. (2004) from Johns Hopkins University; all three degrees are in Civil and Environmental Engineering with a focus on Structural Engineering. His interests include multi-scale experimental testing of structures, computational mechanics-based simulation, probabilistic modeling of structural and natural systems, home renovations and CrossFit.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
CEE Professor and Chair Jerome Hajjar and CEE Assistant Professor Andrew Myers received a grant from the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center to develop a national agenda for research on offshore wind energy infrastructure.
Sagar Kamarthi (MIE) has been selected as a panel speaker and Andrew Myers (CEE), Yunsi Fei (ECE), & Edgar Goluch (ChE) have been invited to participate at the National Academy of Engineering's eighth Frontiers of Engineering Education (FOEE) symposium.