Sagar Kamarthi (MIE) has been selected as a panel speaker and Andrew Myers (CEE), Yunsi Fei (ECE), & Edgar Goluch (ChE) have been invited to participate at the National Academy of Engineering's eighth Frontiers of Engineering Education (FOEE) symposium.
You are here
- Ph.D., Structural Engineering and Geomechanics, Stanford University, 2009
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, 2004
- 2016 NSF CAREER Award
- 2013 CEE Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2007 NSF East Asia and Pacific Summer Institute Fellowship
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
- Structural Engineers Association of Northern California
- V. Valamanesh, A.T. Myers. "Aerodynamic Damping and the Seismic Response of Horizontal Axis Wind Turbine Towers", Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 2014
- A. Myers, A., Kanvinde, G. Deierlein, J. Baker. "Probabilistic Formulation of the Cyclic Void Growth Model to Predict Ultralow Cycle Fatigue in Structural Steel", Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 140 (6), 2014, 04014028
- Myers, A.T., Kanvinde, A.M., and Deierlein, G.G. (2010). "Calibration of the Stress Modified Critical Strain (SMCS) Criterion to Predict Fracture in Structural Details: Specimen Size Dependence and Parameter Assessment," Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE, 136(11), 1401-1410.
- Myers, A. T., Kanvinde, A. M., Deierlein, G. G., and Fell, B. V. (2009). "Effect of Weld Details on the Ductility of Steel Column Baseplate Connections," Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Elsevier, 65(6), 1366-1373.
- Fell, B. V., Kanvinde, A.M., Deierlein, G.G. and Myers, A.T. (2009). "Experimental Investigation of Inelastic Cyclic Buckling and Fracture of Steel Braces, " Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 135(1), 19-32.
- J. Johansson, F. Løvholt, S.R. Arwade, A.T. Myers, et al. "Foundation Damping and the Dynamics of Offshore Wind Turbine Monopiles", Renewable Energy, 80, 2015, 724-736
- V. Valamanesh, A.T. Myers, S.R. Arwade "Multivariate Analysis of Extreme Metocean Conditions for Offshore Wind Turbines", Structural Safety, 55, 2015, 60-69
- A.T. Myers, S. Arwade, V. Valamanesh, S. Hallowell, W. Carswell "Strength, Stiffness, Resonance and the Design of Offshore Wind Turbine Monopiles, Engineering Structures", 100, 2015, 332-341
- S. Hallowell, A. T. Myers, S.R. Arwade "Variability of Breaking Wave Characteristics and Impact Loads on Offshore Wind Turbines Supported by Monopiles", Wind Energy, 2015, 1-12
- K.Wei, S.R. Arwade, A.T. Myers "Incremental Wind-wave Analysis of the Structural Capacity of Offshore Wind Turbine Support Structures Under Extreme Loading", Engineering Structures, 79, 2014, 58-69
Andrew Myers is an Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Northeastern University and a registered professional engineer in the state of California. Prior to joining Northeastern, Andrew worked for two years at AIR Worldwide in San Francisco, where he consulted on site-specific natural catastrophe risk assessments.
He received his M.S. (2006) and Ph.D. (2009) at Stanford University and his B.S. (2004) from Johns Hopkins University; all three degrees are in Civil and Environmental Engineering with a focus on Structural Engineering. His interests include multi-scale experimental testing of structures, computational mechanics-based simulation, probabilistic modeling of structural and natural systems, home renovations and CrossFit.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Northeastern has awarded grants to two groups of faculty to promote Advancing Teaching and Learning at Northeastern.
CEE Assistant Professor Andrew Myers was received a $500K NSF CAREER award for his project entitled "Advancing Multi-hazard Assessment and Risk-based Design for Offshore Wind Energy Technology."