CEE Professor and Chair Jerome Hajjar and CEE Assistant Professor Andrew Myers received a grant from the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center to develop a national agenda for research on offshore wind energy infrastructure.
You are here
- Ph.D., Structural Engineering and Geomechanics, Stanford University, 2009
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, 2004
- Professional Engineer: California
- 2016 NSF CAREER Award
- 2013 CEE Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2007 NSF East Asia and Pacific Summer Institute Fellowship
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
- Structural Engineers Association of Northern California
- V. Valamanesh, A.T. Myers. "Aerodynamic Damping and the Seismic Response of Horizontal Axis Wind Turbine Towers", Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 2014
- A. Myers, A., Kanvinde, G. Deierlein, J. Baker. "Probabilistic Formulation of the Cyclic Void Growth Model to Predict Ultralow Cycle Fatigue in Structural Steel", Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 140 (6), 2014, 04014028
- Myers, A.T., Kanvinde, A.M., and Deierlein, G.G. (2010). "Calibration of the Stress Modified Critical Strain (SMCS) Criterion to Predict Fracture in Structural Details: Specimen Size Dependence and Parameter Assessment," Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE, 136(11), 1401-1410.
- Myers, A. T., Kanvinde, A. M., Deierlein, G. G., and Fell, B. V. (2009). "Effect of Weld Details on the Ductility of Steel Column Baseplate Connections," Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Elsevier, 65(6), 1366-1373.
- Fell, B. V., Kanvinde, A.M., Deierlein, G.G. and Myers, A.T. (2009). "Experimental Investigation of Inelastic Cyclic Buckling and Fracture of Steel Braces, " Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 135(1), 19-32.
- J. Johansson, F. Løvholt, S.R. Arwade, A.T. Myers, et al. "Foundation Damping and the Dynamics of Offshore Wind Turbine Monopiles", Renewable Energy, 80, 2015, 724-736
- V. Valamanesh, A.T. Myers, S.R. Arwade "Multivariate Analysis of Extreme Metocean Conditions for Offshore Wind Turbines", Structural Safety, 55, 2015, 60-69
- A.T. Myers, S. Arwade, V. Valamanesh, S. Hallowell, W. Carswell "Strength, Stiffness, Resonance and the Design of Offshore Wind Turbine Monopiles, Engineering Structures", 100, 2015, 332-341
- S. Hallowell, A. T. Myers, S.R. Arwade "Variability of Breaking Wave Characteristics and Impact Loads on Offshore Wind Turbines Supported by Monopiles", Wind Energy, 2015, 1-12
- K.Wei, S.R. Arwade, A.T. Myers "Incremental Wind-wave Analysis of the Structural Capacity of Offshore Wind Turbine Support Structures Under Extreme Loading", Engineering Structures, 79, 2014, 58-69
Andrew Myers is an Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Northeastern University and a registered professional engineer in the state of California. Prior to joining Northeastern, Andrew worked for two years at AIR Worldwide in San Francisco, where he consulted on site-specific natural catastrophe risk assessments.
He received his M.S. (2006) and Ph.D. (2009) at Stanford University and his B.S. (2004) from Johns Hopkins University; all three degrees are in Civil and Environmental Engineering with a focus on Structural Engineering. His interests include multi-scale experimental testing of structures, computational mechanics-based simulation, probabilistic modeling of structural and natural systems, home renovations and CrossFit.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Sagar Kamarthi (MIE) has been selected as a panel speaker and Andrew Myers (CEE), Yunsi Fei (ECE), & Edgar Goluch (ChE) have been invited to participate at the National Academy of Engineering's eighth Frontiers of Engineering Education (FOEE) symposium.
Northeastern has awarded grants to two groups of faculty to promote Advancing Teaching and Learning at Northeastern.