Northeastern University is one of 18 “forward thinking and influential institutions” selected by the USDOT to focus on exploring the challenges facing land and transit systems in America’s Northeast.
You are here
- PhD, Transportation Systems, MIT, 1986
- MS, Transportation, MIT, 1983
- B.Sc.Eng., National Technical University of Athens, Greece, 1980
- 2016 TRB Traffic Simulation Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2011 IEEE ITS Outstanding Application Award
- 2010 IBM Smarter Planet Award
- Technical Chamber of Greece
- Transportation Research Board (TRB)
- World Conference on Transport Research Society (WCTR)
- M. Rahmani, E. Jenelius, H.N. Koutsopoulos, Non-parametric Estimation of Route Travel Time Distributions from Low-frequency Floating Car Data, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 58(part B), 2015, 343-362
- A. Tympakianaki, E. Jenelius, H.N. Koutsopoulos, c-SPSA: Cluster-wise Simultaneous Perturbation Stochastic Approximation Algorithm and its Application to Dynamic Origin–destination Matrix Estimation, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 55, 2015, 231-245
- E. Jenelius, H.N. Koutsopoulos, Probe Vehicle Data Sampled by Time or Space: Consistent Travel Time Allocation and Estimation, Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 71, 2015, 120-137
- E. Kazagli, H.N. Koutsopoulos, Estimation of Arterial Travel Time from Automatic Number Plate Recognition Data, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2391, 2014, 22-31
- H. Farah, H.N. Koutsopoulos, Do Cooperative Systems Make Drivers’ Car-following Behavior Safer?, Transportation Research Part C, 41, 2014, 61-72
- X. Ma, Z. Huang, H.N. Koutsopoulos, Integrated Traffic and Emissions Simulation: a Model Calibration Approach Using Aggregate Information, Environmental Modeling and Assessment, 19, 2014, 271-282
- C. Antoniou H.N. Koutsopoulos, G. Yannis, Dynamic Data-driven Local Traffic State Estimation and Prediction, Transportation Research Part C, 34, 2013, 89-107
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
CEE Professor Haris Koutsopoulos is using real-time factors such as weather and events to create predictive models for public transit.
CEE Professor Haris Koutsopoulos was awarded the Traffic Simulation Lifetime Achievement Award by the Transportation Research Board.