Professors Ozlem Ergun (MIE), Haris Koutsopoulos (CEE), and Jennie Stephens (CSSH/Affiliated CEE) were awarded a $99K NSF grant for a "Planning Grant: Engineering Research Center for Sharing economy - Humans, Automation, Resilience and Engineering: SHARE".
You are here
- PhD, Transportation Systems, MIT, 1986
- MS, Transportation, MIT, 1983
- B.Sc.Eng., National Technical University of Athens, Greece, 1980
- 2016 TRB Traffic Simulation Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2011 IEEE ITS Outstanding Application Award
- 2010 IBM Smarter Planet Award
- Technical Chamber of Greece
- Transportation Research Board (TRB)
- World Conference on Transport Research Society (WCTR)
- Z. Zhao, H.N. Koutsopoulos, J. Zhao, Detecting Pattern Changes in Individual Travel Behavior: A Bayesian Approach, Transportation Research B, 112, 2018, 73-88
- Z. Zhao, H.N. Koutsopoulos, J. Zhao, Individual Mobility Prediction Using Transit Smart Card Data, Transportation Research C, 89, 2018, 19-34
- J.B. Gordon, H.N. Koutsopoulos, N.H.M. Wilson, Dynamic Estimation of Origin–Interchange–Destination Matrices for Multimodal Transit Networks, Transportation Research C, special issue on Smart Cards, 90, 2018, 350-365
- G. Goulet-Langlois, H.N. Koutsopoulos, Z. Zhao, J. Zhao, Measuring Regularity of Individual Travel Patterns, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 19(5), 2018, 1583-1592
- H.N. Koutsopoulos, Z. Ma, P. Noursalehi, Y. Zhu, Transit Data Analytics for Planning, Monitoring, Control and Information. In Mobility Patterns, Big Data and Transportation Analytics, Elsevier, 2018
- E. Jenelius, H.N. Koutsopoulos, Travel Time Estimation for Urban Road Networks Using Low Frequency Probe Vehicle Data, Transportation Research Part B, 53, 2013, 64-81 *Paper is 4th in the list of most cited articles in the journal
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
CEE Professor Haris Koutsopoulos, in collaboration with MIT’s Transit Group, has received funding from international partner, Mass Transit Railway (Hong Kong), to study innovations in public transportation.
Northeastern University is one of 18 “forward thinking and influential institutions” selected by the USDOT to focus on exploring the challenges facing land and transit systems in America’s Northeast.