25 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY20 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 18 different projects representing up to $900K dollars of investment in research.
You are here
- C.D.G. Harley, S.D. Connell, Z.A. Doubleday, B. Kalaher, B.D. Russell, G. Sará, B. Helmuth, Conceptualizing Ecosystem Tipping Points within a Physiological Framewor, Ecology and Evolution, 2017
- K.J. Kroeker, E. Sanford, J.M. Rose, C.A. Blanchette, F. Chan, F.P. Chavez, B. Gaylord, B. Helmuth, T.M. Hill, G.E. Hofmann, M.A. McManus, B.A. Menge, K.J. Nielsen, P.T. Raimondi, A.D. Russell, L. Washburn, Interacting Environmental Mosaics Drive Geographic Variation in Mussel Performance and Species Interactions, Ecology Letters, 19, 2016, 771-779
- B. Helmuth, B.D. Russell, S.D. Connell, Y. Dong, C.D.G. Harley, F.P. Lima, G. Sará, G.A. Williams, N. Mieszkowska, Beyond Long-Term Averages: Making Biological Sense of a Rapidly Changing World, Climate Change Responses, 1, 2014, 10-20
- L.E. Petes, J.F. Howard, B. Helmuth, E.K. Fly, Science Integration into US Climate and Ocean Policy, Nature Climate Change, 4(8), 671-677
- R. Griffis, J. Howard, E. Babij, B. Helmuth, A. Himes-Cornell, P. Niemier, M. Orbach, L. Petes, et. al, Oceans and Marine Resources in a Changing Climate: A Technical Input to the 2013 National Climate Assessment, Island Press, 2013
- M. Kearney, A. Matzelle, B. Helmuth, Biomechanics Meets the Ecological Niche: The Importance of Temporal Data Resolution, Journal of Experimental Biology, 215, 2012, 922-933
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
COS/CEE Professor Mark Patterson, CEE/COS Assistant Professor Loretta Fernandez, and CEE affiliated Professor Brian Helmuth were awarded a $300K NSF grant for "Tide gate modulation of wetland function: decision support through engineering best practices".
21 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY18 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 12 different projects representing $600K dollars of investment in research.