COS/CEE Professor Mark Patterson, CEE/COS Assistant Professor Loretta Fernandez, and CEE affiliated Professor Brian Helmuth were awarded a $300K NSF grant for "Tide gate modulation of wetland function: decision support through engineering best practices".
You are here
- C.D.G. Harley, S.D. Connell, Z.A. Doubleday, B. Kalaher, B.D. Russell, G. Sará, B. Helmuth, Conceptualizing Ecosystem Tipping Points within a Physiological Framewor, Ecology and Evolution, 2017
- K.J. Kroeker, E. Sanford, J.M. Rose, C.A. Blanchette, F. Chan, F.P. Chavez, B. Gaylord, B. Helmuth, T.M. Hill, G.E. Hofmann, M.A. McManus, B.A. Menge, K.J. Nielsen, P.T. Raimondi, A.D. Russell, L. Washburn, Interacting Environmental Mosaics Drive Geographic Variation in Mussel Performance and Species Interactions, Ecology Letters, 19, 2016, 771-779
- B. Helmuth, B.D. Russell, S.D. Connell, Y. Dong, C.D.G. Harley, F.P. Lima, G. Sará, G.A. Williams, N. Mieszkowska, Beyond Long-Term Averages: Making Biological Sense of a Rapidly Changing World, Climate Change Responses, 1, 2014, 10-20
- L.E. Petes, J.F. Howard, B. Helmuth, E.K. Fly, Science Integration into US Climate and Ocean Policy, Nature Climate Change, 4(8), 671-677
- R. Griffis, J. Howard, E. Babij, B. Helmuth, A. Himes-Cornell, P. Niemier, M. Orbach, L. Petes, et. al, Oceans and Marine Resources in a Changing Climate: A Technical Input to the 2013 National Climate Assessment, Island Press, 2013
- M. Kearney, A. Matzelle, B. Helmuth, Biomechanics Meets the Ecological Niche: The Importance of Temporal Data Resolution, Journal of Experimental Biology, 215, 2012, 922-933
Research & Scholarship Interests
Ecological forecasting and resilience of coastal environments
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
July 24, 2017
March 23, 2017
21 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY18 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 12 different projects representing $600K dollars of investment in research.