CEE Chair & Professor Jerome Hajjar spoke about how buildings are structurally designed to isolate fire damage following the London fire last week. Source: News @ Northeastern Early Wednesday...
You are here
- PhD, Structural Engineering, Cornell University, 1988
- MS, Structural Engineering, Cornell University, 1985
- BS, Engineering Mechanics, Yale University, 1982
- Professional Engineer: Illinois, Minnesota
- 2016 ASCE Moisseiff Award
- 2015 BSCES Clemens Herschel Award
- 2013 SEI Fellow
- 2010 Popular Mechanics Breakthrough Award
- 2009 ASCE Shortridge Hardesty Award
- 2007 ASCE Fellow
- 2005 AISC T. R. Higgins Lectureship Award
- 2004 AISC Special Achievement Award
- 2003 ASCE Walter L. Huber Civil Engineering Research Prize
- 2000 ASCE Norman Medal
- American Concrete Institute
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- American Society of Civil Engineers Structural Engineering Institute
- Architectural Institute of Japan
- Association for International Cooperation and Research in Steel-Concrete Composite Structures
- Consortium of Universities for Research in Earthquake Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
- European Association for Earthquake Engineering
- International Association of Bridge and Structural Engineering
- Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute
- Research Council on Structural Connections
- Structural Stability Research Council
- Steelman, J. S., Fahnestock, L. A., Hajjar, J. F., and LaFave, J. M. (2015). “Performance of Non-Seismic PTFE Sliding Bearings when Subjected to Seismic Demands,” Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, Paper No. 04015028.
- Eatherton, M. R., Ma, X., Krawinkler, H., Deierlein, G. G., and Hajjar, J. F. (2014). “Quasi-Static Behavior of Controlled Rocking Steel Frames,” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 140(11), Paper No. 04014083.
- Eatherton, M. R., Ma, X., Krawinkler, H., Mar, D., Billington, S., Hajjar, J. F., and Deierlein, G. G. (2014). “Design Concepts for Controlled Rocking of Self-Centering Steel-Braced Frames,” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 140(11), Paper No. 04014082.
- Eatherton, M. R. and Hajjar, J. F. (2014). “Hybrid Simulation Testing of a Self-Centering Rocking Steel Braced Frame System,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 43(11), 1725-1741.
- Perea, T., Leon, R. T., Hajjar, J. F., and Denavit, M. D. (2014). “Full-Scale Tests of Slender Concrete-Filled Steel Tubes: Interaction Behavior,” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 140(9), Paper No. 04014054.
- Liu, X.-G., Tao, M.-X., Fan, J.-S., and Hajjar, J. F. (2014). “Comparative Study of Design Procedures for CFST-to-Steel Girder Panel Zone Shear Strength,” Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 94, 114-121.
- Szyniszewski, S., Smith, B. H., Hajjar, J. F., Schafer, B. W., and Arwade, S. R. (2014). “The Mechanical Properties of a Sintered, Hollow Sphere, Steel Foam,” Materials and Design, 54, 1083-1094.
- Steelman, J. S., Filipov, E. T., Fahnestock, L. A., Revell, J. R., LaFave, J. M., Hajjar, J. F., and Foutch, D. A. (2014). “Experimental Behavior of Steel Fixed Bearings and Implications for Seismic Bridge Response,” Journal of Bridge Engineering, Special Issue: Recent Advances in Seismic Design, Analysis and Protection of Highway Bridges, ASCE, 19(8), Paper No. A4014007.
- Walsh, S. B., Borello, D. J., Guldur, B., and Hajjar, J. F. (2013). “Data Processing of Point Clouds for Object Detection for Structural Engineering Applications,” Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, 28(7), 495-508.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
CEE Professor and Chair Jerome Hajjar and CEE Assistant Professor Andrew Myers received a grant from the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center to develop a national agenda for research on offshore wind...
CEE Professor and Chair Jerome Hajjar, along with colleagues at Johns Hopkins University and Virginia Tech, has been awarded a five-year grant from five steel industry organizations. The...