CEE Associate Professor Auroop Ganguly & his interdisciplinary PhD students Udit Bhatia, Devashish Kumar, and Evan Kodra (E'14) have created a tool using network theory to ascertain the resilience of infrastructure systems affected by disasters.
You are here
- Ph.D., Structural Engineering, Cornell University, 1988
- M.S., Structural Engineering, Cornell University, 1985
- B.S., Engineering Mechanics, Yale University, 1982
- 2015 BSCES Clemens Herschel Award
- 2013 SEI Fellow
- 2010 Popular Mechanics Breakthrough Award
- 2009 ASCE Shortridge Hardesty Award
- 2007 ASCE Fellow
- 2005 AISC T. R. Higgins Lectureship Award
- 2004 AISC Special Achievement Award
- 2003 ASCE Walter L. Huber Civil Engineering Research Prize
- 2000 ASCE Norman Medal
- American Concrete Institute
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- American Society of Civil Engineers Structural Engineering Institute
- Architectural Institute of Japan
- Association for International Cooperation and Research in Steel-Concrete Composite Structures
- Consortium of Universities for Research in Earthquake Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
- European Association for Earthquake Engineering
- International Association of Bridge and Structural Engineering
- Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute
- Research Council on Structural Connections
- Structural Stability Research Council
- Steelman, J. S., Fahnestock, L. A., Hajjar, J. F., and LaFave, J. M. (2015). “Performance of Non-Seismic PTFE Sliding Bearings when Subjected to Seismic Demands,” Journal of Bridge Engineering, ASCE, Paper No. 04015028.
- Eatherton, M. R., Ma, X., Krawinkler, H., Deierlein, G. G., and Hajjar, J. F. (2014). “Quasi-Static Behavior of Controlled Rocking Steel Frames,” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 140(11), Paper No. 04014083.
- Eatherton, M. R., Ma, X., Krawinkler, H., Mar, D., Billington, S., Hajjar, J. F., and Deierlein, G. G. (2014). “Design Concepts for Controlled Rocking of Self-Centering Steel-Braced Frames,” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 140(11), Paper No. 04014082.
- Eatherton, M. R. and Hajjar, J. F. (2014). “Hybrid Simulation Testing of a Self-Centering Rocking Steel Braced Frame System,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 43(11), 1725-1741.
- Perea, T., Leon, R. T., Hajjar, J. F., and Denavit, M. D. (2014). “Full-Scale Tests of Slender Concrete-Filled Steel Tubes: Interaction Behavior,” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 140(9), Paper No. 04014054.
- Liu, X.-G., Tao, M.-X., Fan, J.-S., and Hajjar, J. F. (2014). “Comparative Study of Design Procedures for CFST-to-Steel Girder Panel Zone Shear Strength,” Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 94, 114-121.
- Szyniszewski, S., Smith, B. H., Hajjar, J. F., Schafer, B. W., and Arwade, S. R. (2014). “The Mechanical Properties of a Sintered, Hollow Sphere, Steel Foam,” Materials and Design, 54, 1083-1094.
- Steelman, J. S., Filipov, E. T., Fahnestock, L. A., Revell, J. R., LaFave, J. M., Hajjar, J. F., and Foutch, D. A. (2014). “Experimental Behavior of Steel Fixed Bearings and Implications for Seismic Bridge Response,” Journal of Bridge Engineering, Special Issue: Recent Advances in Seismic Design, Analysis and Protection of Highway Bridges, ASCE, 19(8), Paper No. A4014007.
- Walsh, S. B., Borello, D. J., Guldur, B., and Hajjar, J. F. (2013). “Data Processing of Point Clouds for Object Detection for Structural Engineering Applications,” Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, 28(7), 495-508.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
The COE Undergraduate Research Lab fair gathered hundreds of students eager to learn about the research opportunities available to them.
CEE PhD student Lizhong Wang is one of four winners of the national 2015 O. H. Ammann Research Fellowship from the Structural Engineering Institute of ASCE.