CEE Professor Peter Furth's Dialogue of Civilizations program was featured in the Dutch transportation engineering research publication, Verkeerskunde.
You are here
- Ph.D., Transportation Systems, MIT, 1981
- M.S., Civil Engineering, MIT, 1980
- B.S., Civil Engineering, MIT, 1977
- 2004 Best Paper - Committee on Traffic Signal Systems, Transportation Research Board
- 1987 Best Paper - Committee on Transit Performance and Management, Transportation Research Board
- 1985 Excellence in Teaching - Northeastern University Chi Epsilon chapter
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals
- Institute of Transportation Engineers
- National Academy of Sciences
- Transportation Research Board
- P. Furth, T.H. Muller, Conditional Bus Priority at Signalized Intersections: Better Service with Less Traffic Disruption, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 1731, 2014, 23-30
- P. Furth, A. Rahbee, Optimal Bus Stop Spacing Through Dynamic Programming and Geographic Modeling, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 1731, 2014, 15-22
- P. Furth, B. Cesme, T.H.J. Muller, Lost Time and Cycle Length for an Actuated Traffic Signal, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2009, 2128, 152-160
- S. Altun, P. Furth, Scheduling Buses to Take Advantage of Transit Signal Priority, Transportation Research Record, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2111, 2009, 50-59
- T.H.J. Muller, P. Furth, Transfer Scheduling and Control to Reduce Passenger Waiting Time, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2112, 2009, 111-118
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
CEE Professor Peter Furth explains that while an open-road tolling system should relieve traffic congestion, it might result in billing problems. Source: News @ Northeastern If you’ve trav...
CEE Professor Peter Furth was interviewed twice in the past month by WBUR for traffic lights in Boston and the recent Duck Boat crash . Why you can't Catch the 'Green Wave' in Boston...