CEE Professor Peter Furth was quoted in the Boston Globe about how the potential reconstruction of the Northern Avenue Bridge will not improve traffic in the Seaport district.
You are here
- Ph.D., Transportation Systems, MIT, 1981
- M.S., Civil Engineering, MIT, 1980
- B.S., Civil Engineering, MIT, 1977
- 2004 Best Paper - Committee on Traffic Signal Systems, Transportation Research Board
- 1987 Best Paper - Committee on Transit Performance and Management, Transportation Research Board
- 1985 Excellence in Teaching - Northeastern University Chi Epsilon chapter
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals
- Institute of Transportation Engineers
- National Academy of Sciences
- Transportation Research Board
- P. Furth, T.H. Muller, Conditional Bus Priority at Signalized Intersections: Better Service with Less Traffic Disruption, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 1731, 2014, 23-30
- P. Furth, A. Rahbee, Optimal Bus Stop Spacing Through Dynamic Programming and Geographic Modeling, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 1731, 2014, 15-22
- P. Furth, B. Cesme, T.H.J. Muller, Lost Time and Cycle Length for an Actuated Traffic Signal, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2009, 2128, 152-160
- S. Altun, P. Furth, Scheduling Buses to Take Advantage of Transit Signal Priority, Transportation Research Record, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2111, 2009, 50-59
- T.H.J. Muller, P. Furth, Transfer Scheduling and Control to Reduce Passenger Waiting Time, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2112, 2009, 111-118
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Parent/Family night was a success on Friday October 16, 2015 where students, families, faculty, and staff all came together in the Snell Engineering building. Some highlights include touring...
The student chapter of ASCE recently reached a milestone on their multi-year community service project with the Town of Walpole – the completion of a ramada.