Prof. Peter Furth presented at the latest TEDxNortheasternU talk, "A Greenway Network for Greater Boston: A Revolution in Transportation, Health, and Livability."
You are here
- Ph.D., Transportation Systems, MIT, 1981
- M.S., Civil Engineering, MIT, 1980
- B.S., Civil Engineering, MIT, 1977
- 2004 Best Paper - Committee on Traffic Signal Systems, Transportation Research Board
- 1987 Best Paper - Committee on Transit Performance and Management, Transportation Research Board
- 1985 Excellence in Teaching - Northeastern University Chi Epsilon chapter
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals
- Institute of Transportation Engineers
- National Academy of Sciences
- Transportation Research Board
- Furth, P.G., Cesme, B., and Rima, T. (2010). "Signal Priority near Major Bus Terminal: Case Study of Boston's Ruggles Station," Transportation Research Board 89th Annual Meeting Compendium of Papers, Washington, D.C., January 10-14, 2010, 21p.
- Furth, P.G., Dulaski, D.M., Buessing, M., and Tavakolian, P. (2010). "Parking Lane Width and Bicycle Operating Space," Transportation Research Board 89th Annual Meeting Compendium of Papers, Washington D.C., January 10-14, 2010, 12 p.
- Furth, P.G., Cesme, B., and Muller, T.H.J. (2009). "Lost Time and Cycle Length for an Actuated Traffic Signal," Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2128, 152-160.
- Muller, T.H.J. and Furth, P.G. (2009). "Transfer Scheduling and Control to Reduce Passenger Waiting Time," Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2112, 111-118.
- Altun, S.Z. and Furth, P.G. (2009). "Scheduling Buses to Take Advantage of Transit Signal Priority," Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2111, 50-59.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Boston installs "sharrows on steroids," a new way of marking lanes shared by bikes and cars, invented by Civil and Environmental Engineering Professor Peter Furth. Dr. Furth received a Ph.D...
Civil Engineering Professor Peter Furth was featured in the Boston Globe for wanting to bring the bicycle infrastructure used in the Netherlands to the United States. Dr. Furth received a Ph.D...