The Sustainability and Data Sciences (SDS) Lab led by CEE Associate Professor Auroop Ganguly has created risQ as a start-up company.
You are here
- Ph.D. in International Relations, The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University, 1991
- M.A.L.D. in International Relations, The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University, 1990
- B.S. in Government, U.S. Coast Guard Academy, 1982
- The Infrastructure Security Partnership Annual Award for Distinguished Leadership in Critical Infrastructure Resilience, 2010
- Top 25 Most Influential People in Security 2009, Security Magazine
- Maritime Security Service Recognition Award, 2005, presented by the Maritime Security Council for outstanding leadership in raising the standards of maritime security worldwide
- Life Member, Council on Foreign Relations
- Member, U.S. Naval Institute
- I. Linkov, D. Eisenberg, M. Bates, D. Chang, M. Convertino, J. Allen, S. Flynn, T. Seager, Measurable Resilience for Actionable Policy, Environmental Science & Technology, 47(18), 2013, 10108-10110
- N. Bakshi, S. Flynn, N. Gans, Countering the Threat of Nuclear Terrorism at Domestic and Foreign Ports, Informed Decisions on Catastrophic Risks, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 57(1), 2012
- N. Bakshi, S. Flynn, N. Gans, Estimating the Operational Impact of Container Inspections at International Ports, Management Science, 57(1), 2011, 1-20
- L. Wein,Y. Liu, Z. Cao, S. Flynn, The Optimal Spatiotemporal Deployment of Radiation Portal Monitors can Improve Detection at Overseas Ports, Science & Global Security, 15(2), 2008, 211-233
- S. Flynn, Drug Trafficking, the International System, and Decision Constraints: A Policy-making Simulation, International Studies Perspectives, 1(1), 2000, 45-55
Dr. Stephen Flynn is Professor of Political Science, Founding Director of the Global Resilience Institute, and Co-Director of the George J. Kostas Research Institute for Homeland Security at Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. In September 2014 he was appointed by Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson to serve a member of the Homeland Security Science and Technology Advisory Council (HSSTAC).
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
CEE Associate Professor Auroop Ganguly & his interdisciplinary PhD students Udit Bhatia, Devashish Kumar, and Evan Kodra (E'14) have created a tool using network theory to ascertain the resilience of infrastructure systems affected by disasters.
A group of graduate students presented to Massport their assessment of whether or not Logan International Airport is prepared to handle a major natural disaster.
ISEC Auditorium; 805 Columbus Ave.
ISEC Auditorium; 805 Columbus Ave. Boston