The new Environmental Engineering major offered in Civil and Environmental Engineering was highlighted in The Huntington News article College of Engineering establishes new major .
You are here
- Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Maryland, 2001
- M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, 1996
- B.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, 1995
- 2017 COE Faculty Fellow
- 2014 selected as U.S. Hydrology Applications Lead for the Surface Water and Ocean Topography (SWOT) Satellite Mission
- 2013 Team Award for advancing worldwide understand of flood hazards, FM Global, Research Division
- 2009 San Diego State University President's Top-25 Award for excellent contributions to the University
- 2006 National Aeronautics and Space Administration, New Investigator Award in Earth-Sun System Science
- American Geophysical Union
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Environmental and Water Resources Institute
- F. Hossain, E. Beighley, S. Burian, J. Chen, A. Mitra, D. Niyogi, R.A. Pielke, D. Wegner, A Review of Approaches and Recommendations for Improving Resilience of Water Management Infrastructure: The Case for Large Dams, ASCE Journal of Infrastructure Systems, 23(4), 2017, 02517001
- A.R. Hughes, F.R. Schenck, J. Bloomberg, T.C. Hanley, T.C. Gouhier, R.E. Beighley, D.L. Kimbro, D. Feng, Biogeographic Gradients in Ecosystem Processes of the Invasive Ecosystem Engineer Phragmites Australis, Biological Invasions, 18(9), 2016, 2577-2595
- Y. Yoon, P.A. Garambois, R.C.D. Paiva, M. Durand, H. Roux, R.E. Beighley, Improved Error Estimates of a Discharge Algorithm for Remotely Sensed River Measurements: Test Cases on Sacramento and Garonne Rivers, Water Resources Research, 52, 2016, 278-294
- D. Alsdorf, R.E. Beighley, A. Laraque, H. Lee, R. Tshimanga, F. O’Loughlin, G. Mahe, B. Dinga, G. Moukandi, R. Spencer, Opportunities for Hydrologic Research in the Congo Basin, Reviews of Geophysics, 2016
- M. Sorribas, R.C.D. Paiva, J. Melack, C. Jones, L. Caravalho, J.M. Bravo, R.E. Beighley, B. Forsberg, M.H. Costa, Projections of Climate Change Effects on Discharge and Inundation in the Amazon River Basin, Climatic Change, 136(3-4), 2016, 555-570
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2016-2017 academic school year. Faculty Fellow Edward Beighley, CEE...
Congratulations to this year’s class of COE Faculty Fellows: Ed Beighley, Raymond Fu, and Tommaso Melodia.