Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2016-2017 academic school year. Faculty Fellow Edward Beighley, CEE...
You are here
- Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Maryland, 2001
- M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, 1996
- B.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, 1995
- 2014 selected as U.S. Hydrology Applications Lead for the Surface Water and Ocean Topography (SWOT) Satellite Mission
- 2013 Team Award for advancing worldwide understand of flood hazards, FM Global, Research Division
- 2009 San Diego State University President's Top-25 Award for excellent contributions to the University
- 2006 National Aeronautics and Space Administration, New Investigator Award in Earth-Sun System Science
- American Geophysical Union
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Environmental and Water Resources Institute
- H. Seyyedi, E.N. Anagnostou, R.E. Beighley, J. McCollum, Hydrologic Evaluation of the Satellite and Re-analysis Precipitation Datasets over Mid-latitude Basins, Atmospheric Research, 2015, 164-165, 37-48
- F. Hossain, J. Arnold, A. Mitra, B. Arch, R.E. Beighley, et al., Local-to-regional Landscape Drivers of Extreme Weather and Climate: Implications for Water Infrastructure Resilience, ASCE Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, 20(7), 2015, 02515002
- H. Lee, T. Yuan, H.C. Jung, R.E. Beighley, Mapping Wetland Water Depths Over the Central Congo Basin Using PALSAR SCANSAR Scansar, ENVISAT Altimetry, and MODIS VCF Data, Remote Sensing of the Environment, 159, 2015, 70-79
- R.E. Beighley, K. Eggert, C.J. Wilson, J.C. Rowland, H. Lee, 2015., A Hydrologic Routing Model Suitable for Climate Scale Simulations of Arctic Rivers: Application to the Mackenzie River Basin, Hydrological Processes, 29(12), 2015, 2751-2768
- Y. Yoon, R.E. Beighley, Simulating Streamflow on Regulated Rivers Using Characteristic Reservoir Storage Patterns Derived From Remotely Sensed Water Surface Elevations, Hydrological Processes 29, 2015, 2014-2026
- T. Pavelsky, M.T. Durand, K.M. Andreadis, R.E. Beighley, et al., Assessing the Potential Global Impact of SWOT River Observations, Journal of Hydrology 519(Part B), 2014, 1516-1525
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Congratulations to this year’s class of COE Faculty Fellows: Ed Beighley, Raymond Fu, and Tommaso Melodia.
CEE Associate Professor Edward Beighley receives a $651K NASA grant for "Integrating lateral contributions and longitudinal controls along river reaches to improve SWOT discharge estimates".