Two Northeastern Civil and Environmental Engineering PhD students, Cassandra Nickles and Katherine Vilardi, received 2019 Graduate Research Fellowships from the National Science Foundation (NSF)...
You are here
- Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Maryland, 2001
- M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, 1996
- B.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, 1995
- 2017 COE Faculty Fellow
- 2014 selected as U.S. Hydrology Applications Lead for the Surface Water and Ocean Topography (SWOT) Satellite Mission
- 2013 Team Award for advancing worldwide understand of flood hazards, FM Global, Research Division
- 2009 San Diego State University President's Top-25 Award for excellent contributions to the University
- 2006 National Aeronautics and Space Administration, New Investigator Award in Earth-Sun System Science
- American Geophysical Union
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Environmental and Water Resources Institute
- F. Schenck, T.C. Hanley, R.E. Beighley, A.R. Hughes, Phenotypic Variation Among Invasive Phragmites Australis Populations Does Not Influence Salinity Tolerance, Estuaries and Coasts, 41(3), 2018, 896–907
- R. Raoufi, and R.E. Beighley, Estimating Daily Global Evapotranspiration Using Penman–Monteith Equation and Remotely Sensed Land Surface Temperature, Remote Sensing, 9(11), 2017, 1138
- T. Yuan, H. Lee, H.C. Jung, A. Aierken, E. Beighley, D.E. Alsdorf, R.M. Tshimanga, D. Kim, Absolute water storages in the Congo River floodplains from integration of InSAR and satellite radar altimetry, Remote Sensing of the Environment, 201, 2017, 57-72
- Kim, D., H. Lee, A. Laraque, R.M. Tshimanga, T. Yuan, H.C. Jung, E. Beighley, C.H. Chan, Mapping Spatio-Temporal Water Level Variations Over the Central Congo River using PALSAR ScanSAR and Envisat Altimetry Data, International Journal of Remote Sensing, 38(23), 2017, 7021-7040
- F. Hossain, E. Beighley, S. Burian, J. Chen, A. Mitra, D. Niyogi, R. A. Pielke, D. Wegner, A Review of Approaches and Recommendations for Improving Resilience of Water Management Infrastructure: The Case for Large Dams, ASCE Journal of Infrastructure Systems, 23(4), 2017
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2018-2019 academic school year. See Full Photo Gallery Faculty Fellow...
Max Rome, PhD in Civil Engineering ’21, recently led a team of four who were awarded a grant from the inaugural Sasaki Foundation Design Awards.