Ming L. Wang
COE Distinguished Professor
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
501 Stearns Hall
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Tel: (617) 373 - 3900
Fax: (617) 373 - 4419
COE Research Website
Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
- Ph.D., Structural Dynamics and Random Vibration, University of New Mexico, 1983
- M.S., Civil Engineering, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, 1980
- Experimental Mechanics
- Fiber Reinforced Composites
- Construction Materials
- Recycled Waste Materials
- Structural Dynamics
- Earthquake Engineering
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Structural Damage Assessment
- Sensor Technology for Infrastructure
Honors and Awards:
- 2001 College of Engineering Research Award, University of Illinois at Chicago
- 1989-1992 Halliburton Lectureship Award, University of New Mexico
- 1987 Jefferson Goblet Paper Award
- Polar, A., Indacochea, J.E., and Wang, M.L. (2010). "Sensing Creep Evolution in 410 Stainless Steel by Magnetic Measurements". Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology. 132(4), 7 p.
- Wang, M.L. and Yim, J. (2010). "Sensor Enriched Infrastructure System", International Journal of Smart Structures and Systems, 6(3), 309-333.
- Liu, Y., Chen, C.L., Agarwal, V., Li, X., Sonkusale, S., Dokmeci, M.R., and Wang, M.L. (2010). "DNA decorated carbon nanotube sensors on CMOS circuitry for environmental monitoring," Sensors and Smart Structures Technologies for Civil, Mechanical, and Aerospace Systems 2010, San Diego, CA, March 8, 2010, 7647.
- Gu, H. and Wang, M.L. (2009). "A Monolithic Interdigitated PVDF Transducer for Lamb Wave Inspection", Journal of Structural Health Monitoring, 8(2), 137-148.
- Wang, M.L. (2008). "Long term health monitoring of post-tensioning box girder bridges," Journal of Smart Structures and Systems, 4(6), 711-726.
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- British Society of Strain Measurement
- International Association for Fracture Mechanics of Concrete
- Material Research Society
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Society of Experimental Mechanics