Ming L. Wang
College of Engineering Distinguished Professor
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
501 Stearns Hall
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Tel: (617) 373 - 3900
Fax: (617) 373 - 4419
COE Research Website
Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
- Ph.D., Structural Dynamics and Random Vibration, University of New Mexico, 1983
- M.S., Civil Engineering, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, 1980
- Experimental Mechanics
- Fiber Reinforced Composites
- Construction Materials
- Recycled Waste Materials
- Structural Dynamics
- Earthquake Engineering
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Structural Damage Assessment
- Sensor Technology for Infrastructure
Honors and Awards:
- 2011 "Students Speak" Teaching Award
- 2001 College of Engineering Research Award, University of Illinois at Chicago
- 1989-1992 Halliburton Lectureship Award, University of New Mexico
- 1987 Jefferson Goblet Paper Award
- Wang, Q., McDaniel, G. and Wang M. (2012). "Dynamic Tire Pressure Sensor for Measuring Ground Vibration". Sensors, 12, 15192-15205.
- Saykin, V.V., Zhang, Y., Cao, Y., Wang, M.L., and McDaniel, J. G. (2013). "Pavement Macrotexture Monitoring through Sound Generated by Tire-Pavement Interaction". Journal of Engineering Mechanic, 139(3), 264-271.
- Cho, S., Yim, J., Shin, S., Jung, H., Yun, C., and Wang, M. (2013). "Comparative Field Study of Cable Tension Measurement for a Cable-Stayed Bridge". Journal of Bridge Engineering, 18(8), 748-757.
- Liu, Y., Chen, C.-L., Zhang, Y., Sonkusale, S., Wang, M.L., and Dokmeci, M.R. (2013). "SWNT-Based Nanosensors for Wireless Detection of Explosives and Chemical Warfare Agents by Remote Single Chips SWNT Sensors", IEEE Sensor, 13(1), 202-209.
- Zhang, W., Liu, Y., and Wang, M. (2013). "Highly Efficient DNA-functionalized Carbon Nanotube Sensor Array for Gas Monitoring". Journal of Smart Structures and Systems, 11(8).
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- British Society of Strain Measurement
- International Association for Fracture Mechanics of Concrete
- Material Research Society
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Society of Experimental Mechanics