Civil Engineering student Alessandro Mazzotta was awarded a Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) Graduate Student Award by the organization’s New England Chapter. Alessandro, a...
You are here
- 2015 Virginia Tech, PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 2012 Michigan State University, MS
- Q. Wang, N.E. Phillips, M.L. Small, R.J.Sampson, Urban Mobility and Neighborhood Isolation in America’s 50 Largest Cities, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (2018)
- J. Chen, Q. Wang, Z. Lin, and X. Guo, Measuring the Cognitive Loads of Construction Safety Sign Designs During Selective and Sustained Attention, Safety Science, 105, 2018, 9-21
- Q. Wang, J.E. Taylor, Aggregated Responses of Human Mobility to Severe Winter Storms: An Empirical Study, PLoS one, 12, 2017
- N Mohammadi, Q. Wang, and J.E. Taylor, Diffusion Dynamics of Energy Saving Practices in Large Heterogeneous Online Networks, PLoS one, 10, 2016
- Y. Wang, Q. Wang, and J.E. Taylor, Patterns and Limitations of Urban Human Mobility Resilience Under the Influence of Multiple Types of Natural Disaster, PLoS one, 11(1), 2016
- Q. Wang, J.E. Taylor, Process Map for Urban-Human Mobility and Civil Infrastructure Data Collection Using Geosocial Networking Platforms, Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, 30(2), 2015
- Q. Wang, J.E. Taylor, Energy Saving Practice Diffusion in Online Networks, Energy and Buildings, 76, 2014, 622-630
- Q. Wang, J.E. Taylor, Quantifying Human Mobility Perturbation and Resilience in Hurricane Sandy, PLoS ONE, 9(11), 2014
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
CEE Assistant Professor Qi 'Ryan' Wang's article on "Urban mobility and neighborhood isolation in America’s 50 largest cities" was published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS).
Congratulations to the four COE teams out of eight total receiving 2018 Seed Grant funding from the Global Resilience Institute (GRI). The resilience project topics range from coastal flooding...