Northeastern University is one of 18 “forward thinking and influential institutions” selected by the USDOT to focus on exploring the challenges facing land and transit systems in America’s Northeast.
You are here
- Ph.D., Structural Dynamics and Random Vibration, University of New Mexico, 1983
- M.S., Civil Engineering, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, 1980
- 2015 Fellow of International Society for Optics and Photonics
- 2011 "Students Speak" Teaching Award
- 2001 College of Engineering Research Award, University of Illinois at Chicago
- 1989-1992 Halliburton Lectureship Award, University of New Mexico
- 1987 Jefferson Goblet Paper Award
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- British Society of Strain Measurement
- International Association for Fracture Mechanics of Concrete
- International Society for Optics and Photonics, Fellow
- Material Research Society
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Society of Experimental Mechanics
- Wang, Q., McDaniel, G. and Wang M. (2012). "Dynamic Tire Pressure Sensor for Measuring Ground Vibration". Sensors, 12, 15192-15205.
- Saykin, V.V., Zhang, Y., Cao, Y., Wang, M.L., and McDaniel, J. G. (2013). "Pavement Macrotexture Monitoring through Sound Generated by Tire-Pavement Interaction". Journal of Engineering Mechanic, 139(3), 264-271.
- Cho, S., Yim, J., Shin, S., Jung, H., Yun, C., and Wang, M. (2013). "Comparative Field Study of Cable Tension Measurement for a Cable-Stayed Bridge". Journal of Bridge Engineering, 18(8), 748-757.
- Liu, Y., Chen, C.-L., Zhang, Y., Sonkusale, S., Wang, M.L., and Dokmeci, M.R. (2013). "SWNT-Based Nanosensors for Wireless Detection of Explosives and Chemical Warfare Agents by Remote Single Chips SWNT Sensors", IEEE Sensor, 13(1), 202-209.
- Zhang, W., Liu, Y., and Wang, M. (2013). "Highly Efficient DNA-functionalized Carbon Nanotube Sensor Array for Gas Monitoring". Journal of Smart Structures and Systems, 11(8).
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Ming Wang (CEE), Sara Wadia-Fascetti (CEE), & Carey Rappaport's (ECE) patent for “Roaming mobile sensor platform for collecting geo-referenced data and creating thematic maps” was nominated for the Boston Patent Law Association’s Invented Here ! program.
VOTERS professors Ming Wang (CEE), Sara Wadia-Fascetti (CEE), & Carey Rappaport (ECE) were awarded a patent for “Roaming mobile sensor platform for collecting geo-referenced data and...