Congratulations to CEE Prof. Ming Wang and the VOTERS (Versatile Onboard Traffic Embedded Roaming Sensors) team, whose work was recently featured in Fast Company and BostInno .
You are here
- Ph.D., Structural Dynamics and Random Vibration, University of New Mexico, 1983
- M.S., Civil Engineering, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, 1980
- 2011 "Students Speak" Teaching Award
- 2001 College of Engineering Research Award, University of Illinois at Chicago
- 1989-1992 Halliburton Lectureship Award, University of New Mexico
- 1987 Jefferson Goblet Paper Award
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- British Society of Strain Measurement
- International Association for Fracture Mechanics of Concrete
- Material Research Society
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Society of Experimental Mechanics
- Wang, Q., McDaniel, G. and Wang M. (2012). "Dynamic Tire Pressure Sensor for Measuring Ground Vibration". Sensors, 12, 15192-15205.
- Saykin, V.V., Zhang, Y., Cao, Y., Wang, M.L., and McDaniel, J. G. (2013). "Pavement Macrotexture Monitoring through Sound Generated by Tire-Pavement Interaction". Journal of Engineering Mechanic, 139(3), 264-271.
- Cho, S., Yim, J., Shin, S., Jung, H., Yun, C., and Wang, M. (2013). "Comparative Field Study of Cable Tension Measurement for a Cable-Stayed Bridge". Journal of Bridge Engineering, 18(8), 748-757.
- Liu, Y., Chen, C.-L., Zhang, Y., Sonkusale, S., Wang, M.L., and Dokmeci, M.R. (2013). "SWNT-Based Nanosensors for Wireless Detection of Explosives and Chemical Warfare Agents by Remote Single Chips SWNT Sensors", IEEE Sensor, 13(1), 202-209.
- Zhang, W., Liu, Y., and Wang, M. (2013). "Highly Efficient DNA-functionalized Carbon Nanotube Sensor Array for Gas Monitoring". Journal of Smart Structures and Systems, 11(8).
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
The research developed by the VOTERS center (led by CEE Professor Ming Wang) for detecting the formation of potholes was featured in Fast Company.
Congratulations to COE Distinguished Professor Ming Wang, Research Assistant Professor Ralf Birken, and CEE student Salar Shahini Shamsabadi, who were awarded the Best Paper award at the recent Symposium on the Application of Geophysics to Engineering and Environmental Problems ( SAGEEP 2014 ), attended by over 400 geophysicists, environmental experts, and engineers.