Professor and Associate Chair
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
423 Snell Engineering Center
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Tel: (617) 373 - 5508
Fax: (617) 373 - 4419
COE Research Website
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Stanford University, 1980
- M.S., Civil Engineering, Stanford University, 1978
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Tehran University, 1977
- Risk Assessment
- Construction Cost/Schedule Uncertainty
- Project Delivery Systems
- Construction Productivity
Honors and Awards:
- 2009 President Award, Boston Society of Civil Engineers
- 2006 Fellow, American Society of Civil Engineers
- 2004 Best Paper Award, ASEE New England Section Annual Conference, Dedham, Mass
- 1999 Person of the Year (1998/1999), CMAA New England Region Chapter
- 1989 The James F. Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation Professional Merit Award
- Professional Engineer: Massachusetts
- Touran, A., Molenaar, K.R., and Gransberg, D.D. (2010). "A system for selecting a project delivery method in US airports," Journal of Airport Management, 4(4), 360-373.
- Antos, J., Peskin, R., Tomeh, O., Schneck, D., Touran, A., and Bravo, R. (2010). "What Determines "Soft Costs" in Major Public Transit Infrastructure Projects? Examining Four Decades of Experience," Transportation Research Board 89th Annual Meeting Compendium of Papers, Washington D.C., January 10-14, 2010, 16 p.
- Touran, A., Gransberg, D.D., Molenaar, K.R., and Ghavamifar, K. (2010). "Selection of Project Delivery Method in Transit: Drivers and Objectives," Journal of Management in Engineering.
- Gamez, E. and Touran, A. (2010). "A Quantitative Analysis of the Performance of Transportation Projects in Developing Countries," Transport Reviews, 30(3), 361-387.
- Touran, A. (2010). "A Probabilistic Approach for Budgeting in a Portfolio of Projects," Journal of Construction Eng. And Management, 136(3), 361-366.
- American Public Works Association
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Boston Society of Civil Engineers
- Construction Management Association of America
- Construction Research Council
- Journal of Construction Engineering & Management, ASCE