The National Academy of Engineering's Infusing Ethics into the Development of Engineers report features in Daniel Saulnier, Bob Tillman, & Tricia Lenihan for "Multiyear Engineering Ethics Case Study Approach" and Matthew Eckelman & Jacqueline Isaacs for "Case Studies for Engineering Ethics Across the Engineering Life Cycle".
You are here
- Doctor of Education in Administration of Higher Education, Northeastern University, 1988
- M.S., Master of Education, Counselor Education, Northeastern University, 1979
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Northeastern University, 1972
- The Society of American Military Engineers, New York City Post, commendation for outstanding support to the New York City Post S.A.M.E. Scholarship Fund, (2011).
- American Society for Engineering/Cooperative Education Division Alvah K. Borman Award for sustained, honorable, and meritorious contributions to the promotion of the philosophy and practice of cooperative education in engineering and/or engineering technology (2007).
- Northeastern University Civil Engineering Alumni Organization (NUCEAO) Most Outstanding Alumnus (2003).
- American Society of Civil Engineers, Faculty Advisor Certificate of Commendation (1985, 1986, 1987, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010). During time as Co-Advisor the Chapter received The Robert Ridgway Award (1987), National Community Service Awards (2001, 2002, 2004, 2005) and the Zone 1 Vice President’s Award for Most Outstand Student Chapter (1984, 1987), Honorable Mention for outstanding activities (2010), and Letter of Recognition for Service (2010). Additionally the Chapter received award citations from the Charles River Conservancy (2007) and the Northeastern University Office for Community Service Programs (2011).
- Accreditation Council For Cooperative Education
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Society of Engineering Education, Cooperative Education Division
- Boston Society of Civil Engineers Section
- Cooperative Education and Internship Association
- Cooperative Education Network
- Northeastern University Civil Engineering Alumni Organization
- Learning From Experience: A Resource Book by and for Co-op/Internship Professionals (2009). Weighart, S., Mosaic Eye Publishing, Brookline, MA.
- Find Your First Professional Job: A Guide for Co-ops, Interns and Full-Time Job Seekers, 3rd Edition (2007). Weighart, S., Mosaic Eye Publishing, Brookline, MA.
- Applied Ethics in Engineering Practice (1997). Bucknam, R. (ed.), Institute of Professional Engineering Practice, University of Washington. Funded by a grant from the General Electric Foundation.
- Mentoring the Young Professional (2014). Structures Congress, The Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) – American Society of Civil Engineers, Boston, MA – with C. Barnes, M. Berry, R. Croswell, S. Zamora, & K. Dougherty.
- Through the Looking-Glass – Revisited (2012). American Society for Engineering Education – Conference for Industry and Education Collaboration Conference (CIEC), Orlando, FL. A Pre-Conference workshop with R. DiMarco.
- Co-op and Internship Programs: Positive Strategies for Challenging Times (2010). American Society for Engineering Education – Conference for Industry and Education Collaboration Conference (CIEC), Palm Springs, CA. Received Outstanding Conference Presenter Award.
- Discovering Magical Partnerships Within Your University (2009). American Society for Engineering Education – Conference for Industry and Education Collaboration Conference (CIEC), Orlando, FL – with P. Bazrod, Georgia Institute of Technology. Received Outstanding Conference Presenter Award.
- Course Instructor and consultant, Professionalism and Professional Ethics for LEPs and LSPs (2013, 2014 & 2015). An eight-hour continuing education course offered to meet state licensing requirements Massachusetts. Sponsored by the LSP Association of Massachusetts, Westborough, MA & Environmental Professionals’ Organization of Connecticut (EPOC), Hartford, CT.
- Member, 12-person external review board that evaluated 26 grant applications for Ohio Means Internships & Co-ops (OMIC) that made recommendations to the Ohio Board of Regents. This was the second phase of solicited RFP’s to award $16.3m in grants with $22.2m private matching funds over a 2-year funding period.
- Member, Five-person external review panel that evaluated 41 grant applications ($61.4M) and made recommendations to the Chancellor of the Ohio Board of Regents for the Ohio and Internship program. This was part of Ohio’s five-year effort to expand and strengthen experiential learning in Ohio, 2009.
Robert Tillman received his BSCE and EdD from Northeastern University. During his 38+ at NU years he has coordinated the civil co-op program at the graduate and undergraduate levels. He has served as Acting Dean of the Department of Cooperative Education and as Co-op Director for the College of Engineering. He has conducted research, presented at professional conferences, and published in the areas of cooperative education, career development, professional ethics, and research design in education.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Honors & Awards
External Presentations, Instruction, Seminars, and Workshops
External Grant Activity
The student chapter of ASCE recently reached a milestone on their multi-year community service project with the Town of Walpole – the completion of a ramada.
A celebration of Bob Tillman's 39 years of dedication to students.