Professor and Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
130 Snell Engineering Center
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 0211
Tel: (617) 373 - 2711
Fax: (617) 373 - 4419
COE Research Website
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Stanford University, 1994
- M.S., Civil Engineering, Stanford University, 1991
- B.S., Civil Engineering (double major in Engineering & Public Policy), Carnegie Mellon University, 1990
- Condition Assesment Methodologies for Infrastructure Systems
- Life Cycle and Life Span Analysis
- Structural and Earthquake Engineering Uncertainty
- 2004 - 2008 Distinguished Research Fellow, Northeastern University
- 2006 Sharon Keillor Award for Women in Engineering Education
- 2005 Progress in Equity Award, a national award granted to the CONNECTIONS program by the American Association of University Women
- 2004 Massachusetts Progress in Equity Award awarded to CONNECTIONS by the Massachusetts chapter of the American Association of University Women
- 2002 Presidential Award for Excellence in Science, Mathematics, and Engineering Mentoring selected by President Bush and awarded at the White House March 18, 2003
- 2002 Minorities in Engineering Award for leadership related to the recruitment and retention of women in engineering, American Society of Engineering Education National Award
- 2002 President's Aspiration Award from Northeastern President Freeland for leadership related to Northeastern University aspirations to become a national research student-centered urban university
- 1997 CAREER Development Award, National Science Foundation
- 1997 Civil Engineering Professor of the Year, Northeastern University Chi Epsilon Chapter
- Belli, K., Rappaport, C., and Wadia-Fascetti, S. (2009). "Forward Time Domain Ground Penetrating Radar Modeling of Scattering from Anomalies in the Presence of Steel Reinforcements," Research in Nondestructive Evaluation, 20(4), 1-22.
- Belli, K., Zhan, H., Wadia-Fascetti, S., and Rappaport, C. (2009). "Comparison of the Accuracy of 2D vs. 3D FDTD Air-Coupled GPR Modeling of Bridge Deck Deterioration." Research in Nondestructive Evaluation. 20(2), 94-115.
- Belli, K., Rappaport, C., Zhan, H., and Wadia-Fascetti, S. (2008). "Effectiveness of 2D FDTD Ground Penetrating Radar Modeling for Bridge Deck Deterioration Evaluated by 3D FDTD." IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium 2008 Proceedings, Boston, MA, July 6-11, 2008.
- Belli, K., Wadia-Fascetti, S., and Rappaport, C. (2008). "Model Based Evaluation of Bridge Decks Using Ground Penetrating Radar," Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, 23(1), 3-16.
- LeBeau, K. and Wadia-Fascetti, S. (2007). "Comparative Probabilistic Initial Bridge Load Rating Model," Journal of Bridge Engineering, 12(6), 785-793.
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Society of Engineering Education
- Boston Society of Civil Engineers
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
- Network for Earthquake Engineering Simulation
- Society of Women Engineers
- Transportation Research Board Affiliate
- Women's Engineering Leadership Institute