Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
421 Snell Engineering Center
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Tel: (617) 373 - 5222
Fax: (617) 373 - 4419
COE Research Website
- Ph.D., Structural Engineering, University of California at Berkeley, 2001
- M.S., Structural Engineering, Tehran Polytechnic, 1987
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Tehran Polytechnic, 1985
- Progressive Collapse of Structures
- Earthquake Engineering
- Structural Reliability
Honors and Awards:
- 2006 CAREER Development Award, National Science Foundation
- Professional Engineer: California
- Sasani, M. (2008). "Response of a reinforced concrete infilled-frame structure to removal of two adjacent columns," J. Engineering Structures, 30(9), 2478-2491.
- Sasani, M. and Sagiroglu, S. (2008). "Progressive collapse resistance of hotel San Diego," J. Structural Engineering, 134(3), 478-488.
- Sasani, M. and Sagiroglu, S. (2008). "Progressive collapse of RC structures: A multihazard perspective," Structural Journal, 105(1), 96-103.
- Sasani, M. and Kropelnicki, J. (2008). "Progressive collapse analysis of an RC structure," The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, 17(4), 757-772.
- Sasani, M., Bazan, M., and Sagiroglu, S. (2007). "Experimental and analytical progressive collapse evaluation of an actual RC structure," Structural Journal, 104(6), 731-739.
- ACI-369: Seismic Repair and Rehabilitation
- ACI-374: Performance-Based Design of Concrete Buildings
- American Concrete Institute
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Boston Society of Civil Engineers
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
- International Joint Committee on Structural Safety
- MBTA Certification Committee for concrete licensing program.
- Structural Committee of BSCES
- Structural Engineering Institute
- Structural Engineers Emergency Response program in Massachusetts
- Structural Systems and Hazards Mitigation of Structures program: Division of Civil, Mechanical and Manufacturing Innovation