Professor Emeritus Vladimir Novotny has been selected as the 2012 Kappe Lecturer by the American Academy of Environmental Engineers.
You are here
- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, Vanderbilt University, 1971
- Candidate of Science, Technical University of Brno, Czechoslovakia, 1968
- B.Sc.Eng., Technical University of Brno, Czechoslovakia, 1963
- 2008-2012 Senior Fulbright Scholar
- 2003 Fellow, Czech and Slovak Society for Arts and Science
- 2002 Elected Member of The International Water Academy, Oslo, Norway
- 2001 General chairman, 5th IWA International Conference on Diffuse/Nonpoint Pollution and Watershed Management, Milwaukee, WI
- 2001 Sam Jenkins Medal - International Water Association - Berlin
- 1987 Fulbright Scholar, University of Venice, Italy
- American Academy of Environmental Engineers
- American Water Resources Association
- Czech and Slovak Society for Arts and Science
- Fulbright Academy
- International Water Resources Association
- Water Environment Federation
- Novotny, V., Aherm, J.F., and Brown, P. (2010). Water Centric Sustainable Communities: Planning, Retrofitting and Building the Next Urban Environment, J.Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, N.J.
- Stalnacke, P., Dengurud, A., Mrchman, M., Garnier, J., Boyer, E., Humborg, C., and Novotny, V. (2009). "Nitrogen driving force and pressure relationships at contrasting scales: implications for catchment management", International Journal of River Basin Management, 7(3), 221-232.
- Novotny, V. (2009). "Cyanobacteria Blooms and Hypertrophy in Reservoirs with a Focus on the Zelivka River", Water Management (Vodni Hospodarstvi), 59(5), 151-160.
- Novotny. V., Wang, X., Englande, A.J., and Bedoya, D. (2009). "Comparative Assessment of Pollution by the Use of Industrial Agricultural Fertilizers in Four Rapidly Developing Asian Countries", Environment, Development, and Sustainability, 12(4), 491-509.
- Novotny, V. (2009). "Urban stream restoration and daylighting - Is Boston ready for another Emerald Necklace?," Civil Engineering Practice, 24(1), 43-64.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Diffuse (Nonpoint) Pollution, Water Quality Management, Total Maximum Daily Loads, Restoration, Socio-economic Issues of Water Quality Abatement
Department Research Areas
Honors & Awards
March 12, 2012
September 28, 2011
Professor Emeritus Vladimir Novotny was the recipient of the 2011 BSCES Technical Group Award.