Ferdi L. Hellweger
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
433 Snell Engineering Center
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Tel: (617) 373 - 3992
Fax: (617) 373 - 4419
COE Research Website
- Dr.Eng.Sc., Columbia University, 2004
- M.S., University of Texas at Austin, 1997
- B.S., Northeastern University, 1995
- Center for Urban Environmental Studies
- Water Quality
- Eutrophication and Biogeochemical Modeling
- Urban Hydrology
- Scaling Problems in Environmental Modeling
- Individual/Agent-Based Modeling
Honors and Awards:
- 2002 Outstanding Student Presentation Award. American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting, San Francisco, California
- 1997 First Place Programming Competition. Environmental Systems Research Institute, User Conference, San Diego, California
- 1996 Top 5%. JARS Java Applet Rating Service. For UTFLOW Java Applet
- Professional Engineer: New York
- Hellweger, F.L., (2010). "Resonating circadian clocks enhance fitness in cyanobacteria in silico", Ecological Modelling, 221(12), 1620-1629.
- Hellweger, F.L., Bucci, V., Litman, M.R., Gu, A.Z., and Onnis-Hayden, A. (2009). "Biphasic Decay Kinetics of Fecal Bacteria in Surface Water Not a Density Effect", Journal of Environmental Engineering, 135(5), 372-376.
- Hellweger, F.L. (2009). "Carrying photosynthesis genes increases ecological fitness of cyanophage in silico", Environmental Microbiology, 11(6), 1386-1394.
- Hellweger, F.L., Bucci, V., (2009). "A bunch of tiny individuals - Individual-based modeling for microbes", Ecological Modelling, 220(1), 8-22.
- Hellweger, F.L., Kravchuk, E.S., Novotny, V., and Gladyshev, M.I. (2008). "Agent-based modeling of the complex lifecycle of a cyanobacterium (Anabaena) in a shallow reservoir", Limnology & Oceanography, 53(4), 1227-1241.
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Society of Limnology & Oceanography
- Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors
- Consortium of Universities for Advancement of Hydrologic Science, Incorporated
- International Water Association
- New England Water Environment Association
- Water Environment Federation