CEE Professor April Gu has been selected as a Water Environment Federation Fellow, for her professional achievement, stature and contributions to the preservation and enhancement of the global water environment.
You are here
- PhD, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Washington, 2003
- MS, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Northeastern University, 1997
- BS, Environmental Engineering and Science, TsingHua University, 1993
- 2017 Excellence in Mentoring Award
- 2017 Water Environment Federation Fellow
- 2014 COE Faculty Fellow
- 2012 Excellence in Review Award, Environmental Science & Technology
- 2011 Early Career Development Award, College of Engineering, Northeastern University
- 2011 Soren Buus Outstanding Research Award, College of Engineering, Northeastern University
- 2010 Featured ES&T paper by ACS Chemical and Engineering News
- 2010 Certificate of Merit for Presentation at ACS 240th National Meeting-ENVR
- 2010 Best student presentation award (Carla Cherchi), ACS 240th National Meeting-ENVR
- 2010 North American SETAC Endowment Travel Award
- 2009 NSF Faculty Early CAREER Development Award
- 2005 Pathfinder Award for Creativity, HDR Engineering Inc.
- American Chemistry Society
- American Society for Engineering Education
- American Society of Microbiology
- Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors
- Water Environment Federation
- J. Lan, N. Gou, S. Rahman, C. Gao, M. He, A. Gu, A Quantitative Toxicogenomics Assay for High-Throughput and Mechanistic Genotoxicity Assessment and Screening of Environmental Pollutants, Environmental Science and Technology, 50(6), 2016, 3202–3214
- S. Rahman, M. Eckelman, A. Onnis-Hayden, A. Gu, Life Cycle Assessment of Advanced Nutrient Removal Technologies for Wastewater Treatment, Environmental Science and Technology, 50(6), 2016, 3020-3030
- D. Li, S. Zeng, M. He, A. Gu, Water Disinfection Byproducts Select for Antibiotic Resistance-Role of Environmental Pollutants in Resistance Phenomena, Environmental Science and Technology, 50(6), 2016, 3193-3201
- Y. Li, X. Wang, A. Onnis-Hayden, K.-T. Wan, A. Gu, Universal Quantifier Derived from AFM Analysis Links Cellular Mechanical Properties and Cell-Surface Integration Forces with Microbial Deposition and Transport Behavior, Environmental Science and Technology, 48(3), 2014, 1769-1778
- N. Yildirim, F. Long, C. Gao, M. He, H.C. Shi, A. Gu, Aptamer-Based Optical Biosensor for Rapid and Sensitive Detection of 17 ß-Estradiol in Water Samples, Environmental Science and Technology, 46(6), 2012, 3288-3294
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2016-2017 academic school year. Faculty Fellow Edward Beighley, CEE...
CEE Associate Professor April Gu has been elected to the Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (AEESP) Board of Directors. The AEESP is made up of professors in academic...