CEE Associate Professor April Gu has been elected to the Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (AEESP) Board of Directors. The AEESP is made up of professors in academic...
You are here
- PhD, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Washington, 2003
- MS, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Northeastern University, 1997
- BS, Environmental Engineering and Science, TsingHua University, 1993
- 2014 COE Faculty Fellow
- 2012 Excellence in Review Award, Environmental Science & Technology
- 2011 Early Career Development Award, College of Engineering, Northeastern University
- 2011 Soren Buus Outstanding Research Award, College of Engineering, Northeastern University
- 2010 Featured ES&T paper by ACS Chemical and Engineering News
- 2010 Certificate of Merit for Presentation at ACS 240th National Meeting-ENVR
- 2010 Best student presentation award (Carla Cherchi), ACS 240th National Meeting-ENVR
- 2010 North American SETAC Endowment Travel Award
- 2009 NSF Faculty Early CAREER Development Award
- 2005 Pathfinder Award for Creativity, HDR Engineering Inc.
- American Chemistry Society
- American Society for Engineering Education
- American Society of Microbiology
- Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors
- Water Environment Federation
- D. Bello, J. Lan, A.Z. Gu, P. Demoktritou P. Gaines, et al., Evaluation of Cytotoxic Genotic And Inflammatory Reponses of Nanoparticles from Photocopiers in Three Human Cell Lines, Particle and Fibre Toxicology, 10(42), 2014, 1743-8977
- S.T. O’Connor, J. Lan, M. North, A. Loguinov, L. Zhang, M. T. Smith, A.Z.Gu, C. Vulpe, Genome-wide Functional and Stress Response Profiling Reveals Toxic Mechanism and Genes Required for Tolerance to Benzo[a]pyrene in S. cerevisiae, Frontiers in Genetics, 3(316), 2013
- N. Gou, A. Onnis-Hayden, A.Z. Gu, Mechanistic Toxicity Assessment of Nanomaterials by Whole-Cell-Array Stress Genes Expression Analysis, Environmental Science and Technology, 2010, 44(15), 5964-5970
- Yildirim N, Long F, Gao C, He M, Shi HC and Gu AZ, Aptamer-based Optical Biosensor for Rapid and Sensitive Detection of 17-Estradiol in Water Samples, Environmental Science & Technology, 2010, 46(6), 3288-3294
- A. Onnis-Hayden, H. Weng, M. He, S. Hansen, V. Ilyin, K. Lewis, A. Gu, Prokaryotic Real-time Gene Expression Profiling for Toxicity Assessment, Environmental Science & Technology, 2009, 43(12), 4574-4581
April Z. Gu
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
CEE Associate Professor April Gu has been awarded two new grants, one from the Environmental Defense Fund and another from Math Works, a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and...
CEE PhD student S Mokhles Rahman and faculty members Matthew Eckelman, Annalisa Onnis-Hayden, & April Gu gave an agency-wide webinar to the US EPA regarding their work on life-cycle assessment of advanced nutrient removal technologies wastewater treatment.