Auroop R. Ganguly
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
467 Snell Engineering Center
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Tel: (617) 373 - 3710
Fax: (617) 373 - 4419
COE Research Website
Sustainability & Data Sciences (SDS) Lab Website
- Ph.D., Civil & Environmental Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2002
- M.S., Civil Engineering, University of Toledo, 1997
- B.Tech., Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India, 1993
- Climate extremes and water sustainability
- Data sciences for complex systems
Honors and Awards:
- 2011 Best student paper award, NASA Conference on Intelligent Data Understanding (CIDU)
- 2011 Outstanding Joint/Adjunct Research Faculty Award, University of Tennessee at Knoxville
- 2010 Best doctoral student poster at SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM)
- 2006 and 2008 Outstanding Mentor Award, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, US Department of Energy
- Ghosh, S., Das, D., Kao, S.-C., and Ganguly, A.R. (2011). "Lack of uniform trends but increasing spatial variability in observed Indian rainfall extremes," Nature Climate Change, doi:10.1038/nclimate1327. Highlighted by the National Science Foundation.
- Kao, S.C., and Ganguly, A.R. (2011). "Intensity, duration, and frequency of precipitation extremes under 21st-century warming scenarios," Journal of Geophysical Research - Atmospheres, 116(D16119), 14p.
- Steinhaeuser, K.S., A.R. Ganguly, and Chawla, N. (2011). "Multivariate and multi-scale dependence in the global climate system revealed through complex networks," Climate Dynamics, DOI: 10.1007/s00382-011-1135-9.
- Kodra, E., Steinhaeuser, K., and Ganguly, A.R. (2011). "Persisting Cold Extremes Under 21st Century Warming Scenarios," Geophysical Research Letters, 38, L08705.
- Steinhaeuser, K., Chawla, N.V., and Ganguly, A.R. (2011). "Complex networks as a unified framework for descriptive analysis and predictive modeling in climate science," Statistical Analysis and Data Mining, 4(5), 497-511.
- American Geophysical Union
- American Meteorological Society
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers