Northeastern has awarded grants to two groups of faculty to promote Advancing Teaching and Learning at Northeastern.
You are here
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2012
- M.S., Civil Engineering, Stanford University, 2008
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Memorial University, 2006
- Civil and Environmental Engineering Excellence in Teaching Award
- The Maseeh Award for Excellence as a Teaching Assistant, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, MIT 2011
- Schoettler Graduate Fellowship, MIT 2008
- School of Engineering Graduate Fellowship, Stanford University, 2006-2008
- University Medal, Civil Engineering, Memorial University, 2006
- PEG-NL Award of Excellence, Memorial University, 2006
- Angus Bruneau Award, Memorial University, 2006
- Materials Research Society
- S. Cranford, When is 6 Less Than 5? Penta- to Hexa-Graphene Transition, Carbon, 96, 2016, 421-428
- R.E. Roman, K. Kwan, S. Cranford, Mechanical Properties and Defect Sensitivity of Diamond Nanothreads, Nano Letters, 15(3), 2015, 1585-1590
- J. Meng, Y. Zhang, S. Cranford, M. Minus, Nanotube Dispersion and Polymer Conformational Confinement in a Nano-composite Fiber: A Joint Computational Experimental Study, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 118(31), 2014, 9476-9485
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Congratulations to Annalisa Onnis-Hayden, Dan Saulnier, and Steve Cranford on awards they received at this year’s COE faculty and staff ceremony and the CEE brick ceremony: Martin W. Essigman...
CEE Assistant Professor Steve Cranford and Professor Ming Wang's research on Biomarker/DNA Interaction was published in Scientific Reports.