CEE Professor Dionisio Bernal received a $194K NSF grant for " Monitoring the Health of Structural Systems from the Geometry of Sensor Traces ". Deterioration from the passage of time and...
You are here
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, University of Tennessee, 1979
- M.S., Civil Engineering, University of Tennessee, 1976
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Tennessee, 1975
- 2011 "Students Speak" Teaching Award
- 2004 Martin W. Essigmann Award for Teaching Excellence, Northeastern University, Boston MA
- 1998 Honorary Distinguished Professor, Institute of Technology of Santo Domingo
- 1993 Moisseiff Award from the American Society of Civil Engineers for the paper "Instability of Buildings Subjected to Earthquakes," Journal of Structural Engineering, 118(8), 2239-2260.
- 1989 Hayes Engineering Award for excellence in research, Northeastern University
- Member of American Society of Civil Engineers
- D. Bernal, Complex Eigenvector Scaling from Mass Perturbations, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 45(1), 2014, 80-90
- D. Bernal, Damage Localization and Quantification from the Image of Changes in Flexibility, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE, 140(2), 2014, 279-286
- D. Bernal, Fixed Base Poles and Eigenvectors from Transmission Zeros, Mechanical System and Signal Processing, 45(1), 2014, 68-79
- D. Bernal, A. Ussia, Sequential Deconvolution Input Reconstruction, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 50, 2014, 41-55
- D. Bernal, The Zero-Order Hold in Time Domain Identification: An Unnecessary Operating Premise, Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 18(5), 2010, 510-518
- D. Bernal, Load Vectors for Damage Location in Systems Identified from Operational Loads, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 136(1), 2010, 31-39
- D. Bernal, Damage Localization from Transmission Zeros of Delta Systems, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 135(2), 2009, 93-99
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
Honors & Awards
Northeastern has awarded grants to two groups of faculty to promote Advancing Teaching and Learning at Northeastern.
Northeastern University's College of Engineering hosted the National Science Foundation's 2012 Engineering Research and Innovation Conference for the Division of Civil, Mechanical and Manufacturing Innovation (CMMI) from July 9-12, 2012.