CEE Professor Dionisio Bernal received a $194K NSF grant for " Monitoring the Health of Structural Systems from the Geometry of Sensor Traces ". Deterioration from the passage of time and...
You are here
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, University of Tennessee, 1979
- M.S., Civil Engineering, University of Tennessee, 1976
- B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Tennessee, 1975
- 2011 "Students Speak" Teaching Award
- 2004 Martin W. Essigmann Award for Teaching Excellence, Northeastern University, Boston MA
- 1998 Honorary Distinguished Professor, Institute of Technology of Santo Domingo
- 1993 Moisseiff Award from the American Society of Civil Engineers for the paper "Instability of Buildings Subjected to Earthquakes," Journal of Structural Engineering, 118(8), 2239-2260.
- 1989 Hayes Engineering Award for excellence in research, Northeastern University
- Member of American Society of Civil Engineers
- D. Bernal, Eigenvalue Sensitivity of Sampled Systems Operating in Closed-Loop, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 105, 2018, 481-487
- D. Bernal, State Observers in the Design of Egenstructures for Enhanced Sensitivity, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 110, 2018, 122-129
- D. Bernal, M.R.Ulriksen, Output Feedback in the Design of Eigenstructures for Enhanced Sensitivity, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 112, 2018, 22-30
- M.D. Ulriksen, D. Bernal, L. Damkilde, Shaped Input Distributions for Structural Damage Localization, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 110, 2018, 499-508
- D. Bernal, Analytical Minimization of Synchronicity Errors in Stochastic Identification, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 98, 2017, 415-424
- Y. Zhang, D. Bernal, Non-recursive Sequential Input Deconvolution, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 2016
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
Honors & Awards
Northeastern has awarded grants to two groups of faculty to promote Advancing Teaching and Learning at Northeastern.
Northeastern University's College of Engineering hosted the National Science Foundation's 2012 Engineering Research and Innovation Conference for the Division of Civil, Mechanical and Manufacturing Innovation (CMMI) from July 9-12, 2012.
See Description for Locations
266 Ryder Hall