R. Edward Beighley
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
427 Snell Engineering Center
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Tel: (617) 373 - 3368
Fax: (617) 373 - 4419
- Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Maryland, 2001
- M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, 1996
- B.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, 1995
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Remote sensing of the hydrologic cycle
- Hydrologic impacts of climate and/or land use change
- Flood hazard and risk assessment
Honors and Awards:
- 2013 Team Award for advancing worldwide understand of flood hazards, FM Global, Research Division
- 2009 San Diego State University President's Top-25 Award for excellent contributions to the University
- 2008 Selected as 1 of 7 outstanding researches to watch at San Diego State University by SDSU's 360 Magazine
- 2006 National Aeronautics and Space Administration, New Investigator Award in Earth-Sun System Science
- EIT: Pennsylvania
- Ramadan, H.H., Beighley, R.E., and Ramamurthy, A.S. (2012). "Modeling Streamflow Trends for a Watershed with Limited Data: A case on the Litani Basin, Lebanon," Hydrological Science J. 57(8), 1516-1529.
- Lee, H., Beighley, R.E., Alsdorf, D., Jung, H.C., Shum, C.K., Duan, J., Guo, J., Yamazaki, D., and Andreadis, K. (2011). "Characterization of terrestrial water dynamics in the Congo Basin using GRACE and satellite radar altimetry," Remote Sensing of Environment 115(12):3530-3538.
- Beighley, R.E., Ray, R.L., He, Y., Lee, H., Schaller, L. Durand, M. Andreadis, K.M. Alsdorf, D.E. and Shum, C.K. (2011). "Comparing satellite derived precipitation datasets using the Hillslope River Routing (HRR) model in the Congo River Basin," Hydrological Processes 25(20), 3216-3229.
- Beighley, R.E. and Gummadi, V. (2011). "Developing Channel and Floodplain Dimensions with Limited Data: A Case Study in the Amazon Basin," Earth Surface Processes and Landforms 36(8), 1059-1071.
- Beighley, R.E., Eggert, K., Dunne, T. He, Y., and Gummadi, V. (2009). "Simulating hydrologic and hydraulic processes throughout the Amazon River Basin", Hydrological Processes 23(8), 1221-1235.
- American Geophysical Union
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Environmental and Water Resources Institute